Join our small, creative, and dynamic team where your contributions matter. Leadership Baltimore County (LBC) is seeking an administrative professional who is organized, driven and an out-of-the-box thinker to join our team on a full-time basis. Together, we direct an annual community leadership program and alumni activities.
Highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starters who thrive in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Email resume and cover letter detailing how you are qualified to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. LBC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply.
TITLE: Administrative Specialist
BACKGROUND: Leadership Baltimore County, Inc. (LBC) is a federally recognized, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 1983. LBC’s mission is to bring high achievers with diverse perspectives together to heighten their civic awareness, enhance their organizational effectiveness and become a driving force for positive change in their workplace and Baltimore County as a whole.
Our mission is achieved through two core programs: Signature and Alumni. Our Signature Program explores the challenges and opportunities facing Baltimore County in monthly day-long sessions from September through June. The hallmarks of our sessions are: (1) engaging dialogues with the movers, shakers, and decision-makers in Baltimore County; and (2) experiential activities in and out of the “classroom.” Topics examined may include economic development, education, public safety, social services, Baltimore County government, Maryland State government, transportation, healthcare, civic engagement, regionalism, diversity, and the environment. Upon graduating from the ten-month program, LBC alumni engage in the community by taking on leadership roles with nonprofit and community organizations, and/or government advisory boards or task forces. Our Alumni Program provides ongoing learning and engaging activities for its alumni of approximately 1,200 individuals.
Position descriptions are a general depiction of assignments. Since LBC has a small staff and an extensive array of tasks, our team is flexible and expects to be called upon in a variety of ways that cannot always be anticipated in the position description.
CULTURE: LBC has a small staff of three full-time employees. We work closely together, collaborating and communicating daily. We value systems thinking (viewing each of our projects as they fit with our current strategies and projects, organizational mission, the needs in our region, and the greater good), critical thinking (challenging the status quo and supporting continual improvement), and courageous authenticity (speaking up for what you believe.)
JOB OBJECTIVE: To ensure that all of LBC’s administrative functions run efficiently, effectively, and accurately using appropriate technology and project management systems.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Directly reports to the President/CEO.
CLASSIFICATION: This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
SCHEDULE: In addition to regular responsibilities, support is required at in-person events including an overnight retreat in September, monthly Retreat Days from October through June, and alumni events which may occur in the mornings or evenings. Some job functions may be performed remotely.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide all administrative support across all aspects of the organization.
- Oversee continual quality improvement of the CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) system (Salesforce) by initiating new procedures, fields, and functions as needed and connecting staff with training resources.
- Create and monitor monthly dashboards utilizing existing reports and forms
- Maintain the database and email marketing platform (Salesforce and Mailchimp) with up-to-date information on class members, alumni, dues, events, donors, stakeholders, etc.
- Research contact information for all various stakeholders
- Create ad hoc reports, as needed
- Maintain online member directory
- Arrange for all candidate interviews upon receiving online applications
- Schedule alumni to serve as interviewers
- Prepare and distribute applications and other necessary documents to all interviewers
- Collect candidate rating sheets after interviews
- Create and send acceptance packets to new class members
- Ensure receipt of and maintain all documents new class members must sign and remit
- Identify and manage the booking of the opening retreat venue
- Prepare class roster and binders for Opening Retreat
- Order meals and refreshments for all events as needed (i.e., Information Breakfasts, Retreat Days, Center Stage event, alumni events, etc.)
- Provide event management support for Retreat Days such as securing space, preparing name tags and signage, packing supplies, supporting health and safety protocols, arranging transportation, creating online evaluations, creating thank you letters for speakers, etc.
- Attend Retreat Days, manage registration and catering, assist with note taking and photography
- Select, order, and prepare commencement gifts for class members
- Manage alumni and public events as needed, including developing and managing event planning timelines, promoting events through social media, tracking registration, and providing reports to the Alumni Engagement Committee
- Compile reports on each event and record attendance in Salesforce
- Coordinate alumni membership campaign
- Create or update cover letter
- Create invoices
- Generate mailing lists
- Utilize Salesforce to send email reminders
- Track payments in the database, QuickBooks, and best class ever spreadsheet
Fund Development & Financial
- Prepare invoices for sponsors, tuition, and board pledges
- Create thank you letters for donors
- Enter transactions in QuickBooks, reconcile bank and investment accounts monthly
- Prepare monthly financial statement reports for President & CEO
- Assist with sponsorship solicitations for Retreat Days, alumni events, and Commencement/All Class Reunion
- Assist with recruitment, as needed
- Provide accounting firm with the documentation needed to prepare year-end financials and 990
Board and Committees
- Send calendar invitations to all board members each new calendar year
- Prepare and distribute board packets one week before each meeting
- Prepare and update electronic board binders annually
- Schedule new board member orientation meetings
- Ensure receipt of and maintain all documents board members must sign and remit
- Schedule Zoom meetings for virtual board meetings and secure location for in-person meetings
- Order food and provide administrative support for an annual board retreat
- Provide logistical support for committee meetings, as requested
- Order office supplies
- Create weekly staff meeting agendas
- Proven ability in database management / CRM systems, preferably Salesforce
- Knowledge and experience with bookkeeping and financial management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated flexibility and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Effective written, verbal, and listening communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, meet goals and deadlines, and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to set and adhere to high standards
- Respect and appreciation for diverse perspectives as well as a sensitivity to those who may be “different” than you
- Ability to find solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, and past experiences along with the available information and resources
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, and discretion
- Ability to plan activities and programs such as meetings, orientations, retreats
- Ability to work a variable schedule on occasion, including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends for scheduled meetings and events