After the 10-month Signature Leadership Program, LBC provides its members with ongoing learning, networking and community service opportunities, such as power breakfasts around current issues, behind-the-scenes tours of fascinating and innovative businesses, an annual holiday party & toy drive, happy hours, and luncheons with the area's most prominent leaders.
Alumni renew their membership each year on September 1. Membership benefits include:
- Free admission to annual winter holiday party
- Discounted rates on other events and services
- Access to a password-protected online membership directory
- Assistance with civic engagement connections
Membership levels include:
- Lifetime, $3500 (includes additional benefits of special recognition on LBC website and social media, an LBC logo item, and exemption from annual membership reminders)
- Standard, $185
- Retiree, $90
- Out of Town, $40
Alumni members help sustain LBC and pay it forward so leaders of the future have the same opportunity to participate in this dynamic program.
Engaging in alumni activities is where the magic happens at LBC -- through serendipitous connections.
How Did 50 Homeless Families Gain Shelter?
The story of Theresa Leatherbury, ’06, and Windy Deese, ‘08, speaks to the heart of our mission. Theresa is President of the Rachuba Group, a property management company and serves on the Board of Directors of the Maryland Multi-Housing Association (MMHA) which aspired to be part of the solution to the issue of homelessness. Windy works with the United Way of Central Maryland, putting families on the path to stability and self-sufficiency.
Having met at an alumni event, Theresa and Windy brokered a partnership between the MMHA and the UWCM to house homeless individuals and families. Through this partnership, over 50 homeless families have been provided with shelter.
Becoming a member of LBC allows graduates to interact with, make powerful connections to and develop impactful relationships with our 1,100+ alumni. Attending the monthly alumni events provides the opportunity to enrich your professional network and personal relationships at a deeper level and in an expedited timeframe due to the shared experience of participating in LBC. You never know who you will meet at alumni events and the good that could result, just like Theresa and Windy’s story.
Why should LBC graduates become a member?
- Engage in life-long learning
- Deepen relationships with an incredibly rich and diverse network
- Ensure you are “in the know” about current issues
- Enjoy discounted admissions to alumni events
- Support an important community institution
- Pay it forward: help ensure the gift of leadership is available for future leaders
The alumni program consists of multiple levels of engagement. Each participant chooses the level that best fits his/her ideals. Click on the link below to view the different levels.
LBC alumni programs and events are a way to remain current with the issues of today. I particularly like the Behind-the-Scenes tours (UPS, Port of Baltimore, Lockheed Martin, etc). I encourage all graduates to take advantage of the resources available through LBC and participate in the varied alumni activities.
Class of 1994